We all can admit at some point in our lives that we neglected ourselves. It can be because of stress at work, school, or home. It can be that we have over committed ourselves to something or someone. Self care is easily the most overlooked parts of well being from mental, emotional, and physical health.
I know I have spent years of putting everyone and everything before me. It caused so much stress and unhappiness in my life. I gained weight and neglected my overall health. I recently understood and saw what it was doing to me. I have made a pledge to myself to do better with loving me. Self care has becoming very important to me.
Why self care is important to me:
- It prevents burnout and reduces stress – some levels of stress can be good for a person but too much can lead to burnout, health issues, and damaged relationships
- Boost Happiness – being able to take care of yourself usually ends up bringing happiness
- Refocus – self care can help you take the necessary time to refocus on you and your goals
- Better relationships – self care can really add value to all the relationships in your life including the relationship you have with yourself
- Good health – being mindful of your self care can help with your overall health
- Attitude of Gratitude – caring for yourself creates a great attitude and gives you a chance to have an attitude of gratitude
- Love for yourself – when you take care of something including yourself you begin to love it more.
Self care is really a practice of honoring you and everything that you are and do. These can be habits that make you healthier, happier, and purpose filled.
Self care can be done in many ways. I have deemed September “Self Care September.” I will share different ways to practice self care.
Self care is important for everyone. #SelfCareSeptember