To Be Young, Gifted, and Black….
You are still my heart protector. You keep me going and continue to remind that I am never alone. I love the way you love me. I love the way that you protect me with your wonderful spirit.
You are the best big brother to Love. She adores you in every way. You are the best little brother. DQ and Marquise love you.
You are almost as tall as me now. You are starting to like girls :). You are coming into your own, finding your own style, and figuring out whats going on with your body. I see you watching me to make sure I’m ok. I see how you worry sometimes about things you should not. I watch how you try to keep peace in situations. I know you want more than what is given and how you still smile.
10 Reminders to my 12 Year Old:
- You are the Master of You! We discuss this daily, that you have control over you and no one else (not even me). Your thoughts, actions, dreams, and goals are all on you.
- I am always here. Whenever you need me, I’m here. You are LOVED!
- Shine Bright! Don’t let anyone dim your light. Shine! Shine! Shine!
- What you give is what you get! Karma is universal law. Treat people how you want to be treated.
- Learn self love. Self love is part of self care. Take care of yourself.
- Walk Away! Learn how to walk away from people and things that are not aligned with your goals.
- It’s ok to show emotions. I know, I know that some people think boys and men should not show certain emotions.. but it’s ok. It’s ok to show that you are hurt, happy, sad, or indifferent. Express yourself.
- Be Proud to be You, Black, Beautiful, Smart, Caring, and everything else. Hold your head high and be proud of everything inside and outside of you and what makes you.
- Live in your truth. Always be honest and tell the truth.
- I BELIEVE in you! I know you can do anything you put your mind to. I have seen you do it.
12 years and you continue to impress me.
- Ask Question
- Stand UP
- Be Gifted
- Be Proud
I am truly blessed to have you choose me to be your mother. Your future is bright!
Happy 12th Bornday!!!
Love You – Momma 🙂